Friday, June 24, 2011

Help Me Start a Series

I've been thinking about starting a series for a while.  I mean, not that long since I've only been blogging a couple of months, but, for most of that time I've been thinking about it.  I like the consistency a series brings to a blog, but until now I haven't been sure if I should commit to something.  What if I get busy (like I have been lately) and don't have time to make projects consistently?  What if I can't find enough people to be guest bloggers?   Hosting a linky party means I have to remember to put up the party post each week, and then look at all the entries, comment on them... I know a lot of people do them, but they seem like a lot of work.

Then I realized I was putting too much pressure on myself.  There's no reason I have to have a weekly series.  And suddenly a series didn't seem so scary.  Creating a post once a month is no big deal.  If I can't find time for one post a month, then I should just close up shop and give up on this whole blogging thing.  And if it turns out to be easier than I thought, I can always make it more frequent.  So it's settled and my series will start in July.

Here's where I need your help. 


I'm torn between two concepts:

     ~A round up of some of my favorite projects I've seen
       that month (a la Best of the Blogosphere at
       Centsational Girl)

OR

     ~A feature of one of the lovely ladies who have blogs I
       love (the way the SITS Girls spotlight different blogs) 
       ~  this could be a combination of a post from me saying
       what's so amazing about the blog, as well as guest
       posts by the bloggers proving why they're wonderful

What would you rather read?  I'd love to get your input, since ultimately you're the ones who'll be reading it. 

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Thinking of a series can be so hard! I have a few on my blog and it's a good idea to keep the consistency of about once or twice a month so you don't feel too pressured.
I like the round-up idea but I'm really leaning towards the blog feature. I always like to read about blogs that other people like so I can see how they do things and also look at what I can improve on my own blog. Plus, it's a great way to discover new blogs.
Phew, that was long-winded, sorry! Hope that helped :)

Debbiedoos said...

Your asking the wrong gal, because I am all over the place on my blog. I start a series, go to another, then back to the original. I have had a garage salen party, a before and after party, coffee talk series, newbie party, pet party, and now magazine photo challenge. I guess what I am saying is mix it up girl! Thanks for sharing at the newbie party...which btw please add my link, thanks.

Delaney said...

I love blog series that feature different bloggers, so we can be exposed to new things! I'm a new follower!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

Simone said...

I like the idea of a blog series that feature different bloggers, i always like reading them cos im new to this whole thing and I like to see what I can improve on for my own blog :) Well I hope this helps!

Also I am now your newest follower :)
www.srdesignfiles.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...